- Emerging markets: navigating uncharted territories
Emerging markets: navigating uncharted territories
Tuesday 10 July 2018
Research / Market
- A more challenging global financial environment is putting pressure on EM risky assets with particular impact in some segments (Local Currency)
- EM Markets are still very dependent not only on global financial conditions but even on global demand.
- EM Monetary Policy is shifting towards a tighter stance further penalising domestic economic cycles
- External vulnerability has reduced in the years but the conditions are very heterogeneous among different countries
- Three cases of vulnerability: Brazil, Turkey and Argentina
10 years after Lehman: a reality check for the future
"The domestic boom has been financed by private debt (mainly external debt). Well before this week’s crisis, Turkey was the most vulnerable country in our EM ranking"
Global Investment Views - September 2018
CIO views: High conviction ideas from Amundi Global Investment Committee.
Turkey shakes summer thin markets, but contagion risk is contained
“The domestic boom has been financed by private debt (mainly external debt). Well before this week’s crisis, Turkey was the most vulnerable country in our EM ranking”.