- Amundi receives two Climetrics Fund Awards, recognizing our efforts on environmental ambition, action, and transparency
Amundi receives two Climetrics Fund Awards, recognizing our efforts on environmental ambition, action, and transparency
Tuesday 02 March 2021
US SRI Equities Strategy and US Large Cap Core Equities Strategy both received a Climetrics Fund Award at the CDP Europe Awards 2021 on 2 March.
The event, organized by the international non-profit organization CDP, gathered the highest-level business and political decision-makers to challenge them on their plans to lead a truly green recovery towards the EU's 2050 climate neutrality goal.
Among them, Angela Merkel, Chancellor of Germany, Ambroise Fayolle, Vice-President of European Investment Bank, and Anne Hidalgo, Mayor of Paris, expressed their views on the transformation needed to reach climate-neutrality.
Nicolas Calcoen, Deputy General Manager at Amundi and EFAMA’s President, took the floor to discuss how Europe’s investors can take urgent action on the environmental crisis.
This year, for the first time, Amundi was awarded during the CDP Europe Awards, which recognize the top 20 funds in 4 categories. US SRI Equities Strategy and US Large Cap Core Equities Strategy received the Climetrics Awards in the newly created US equities category:
- US SRI Equities Strategy that focuses on stocks combining best ESG scores together with solid financial profiles to meet investors’ search for responsible alpha generation. The fund has also obtained the French SRI Label.
- US Large Cap Core Equities Strategy with a dedicated ESG mandate. The strategy aims to invest in attractively valued, high quality, sustainable businesses that have high or improving ESG ratings, and has invested in this manner for decades.
In addition to these prizes, on our 242 funds rated by Climetrics, 113 funds received the highest score of 5 “leaves”, and 96 received a score of 4 “leaves”, which represents 86% of our rated funds. This is a great achievement, knowing that among the 19,000 funds rated in the world, only 6% obtain 5 leaves.
About the Climetrics rating:
High ratings recognize funds that better support the transition to a lower carbon economy. They invest in companies that are better at managing material issues linked to reducing greenhouse gas emissions, protecting freshwater resources, tackling commodity-driven deforestation. The best-rated funds are also managed by asset managers that take public action to integrate climate change into their governance and investment processes.
Each fund is scores across three levels:
- Portfolio holdings level - 85% weight - Climetrics scores investee companies for how well they manage material risks related to climate, water security and deforestation. In addition, the scores reflect companies’ involvement in providing low-carbon products, and they capture potential stranded asset risk linked to fossil fuel reserves.
- Asset manager level - 10% weight - Climetrics scores asset managers on their level of public action on climate change. The score looks at climate disclosure, commitments and participation in global engagement initiatives.
- Fund investment policy level - 5% weight - Climetrics rewards funds with an explicit ESG investment strategy and / or ESG label.
ESG Investing Awards 2021: 3 prizes for Amundi!
The ESG Investing Awards 2021 granted Amundi 3 awards related to its Responsible Investment.
Risk Awards 2021: Investment House of the Year
Risk Awards 2021 granted Amundi the award of the Investment house of the year.
Amundi Wins Three ESG Investing Awards 2021
The ESG Investing Awards are devoted to assessing and evaluating the best companies involved in all areas of ESG investing across the globe. The ESG Investing Awards granted Amundi 3 awards for 2021.