- ECB QE Monitor - April 2021
ECB QE Monitor - April 2021
Friday 09 April 2021
Research / Market
- ECB PEPP & APP: pace of purchases is accelerating
- In March, total net purchase pace was €96.8bn vs. €81bn in February and €71bn in January, a clear uptick, which is really in line with our forecasts of €90-100bn/month.
- PEPP: pace of monthly buying picked to €73.5bn in March from €53bn in February. As the path increased just in the weeks following the ECB meeting, March is likely to position itself between Jan-Feb lower levels (on average monthly EUR 55bn) and April-June monthly flows expected to be in EUR 80-90bn higher range.
- APP: the ECB settled €23.3bn in March vs. €21bn in February, above the target pace of €20bn/month.
SPACs: Beyond exuberance, back to reality
SPACs (Special Purpose Acquisition Company) are companies created and listed on an exchange with the purpose of buying a growth company later. SPACs were derived as an easy way for companies to go public and avoid a long and sometimes difficult quotation process.
Asset Class Return Forecasts - Q2 - 2021
With vaccination programs worldwide well underway, the spotlight has shifted now to the nature of the economic recovery.
ECB QE Monitor - May 2021
The Eurosystem started its QE in March 2015.