- Amundi Funds Information, Marketing and Legal Documentation
- KBI WATER FUND
KBI WATER FUND - EURO CLASS I (C)
|As of 21/09/2021|
|26.25 EUR||372.71M EUR|
Notation - August 2021
KBI Water Fund is a high conviction, global, long-only equity portfolio that taps into the potential of companies from the water sector.
Water is a key resource and growing demand from a rapidly-expanding global population, coupled with an unrelenting requirement from industry and agriculture, has focused the worlds’ attention on how these scarce water resources are managed.
The fund invests in 35-50 publicly traded companies, providing value-added solutions to meet this vital and growing need for water.
1. Long-term growth drivers*
- There is no substitute for water, while water consumption keeps rising.
- Stricter global regulations are leading to massive investment (estimated more than USD11.7trn by 2030)
2. A USD 500 billion market centered around three sectors:
- Utilities (supply and distribution).
- Infrastructure (pipes, irrigation, etc.)
- Technology (purification, destination, etc.).
3. Innovative, value-generating companies
- The water sector is linked to many different industries and drives technological innovation with the arrival of newcomers.
- The market has undergone considerable restructuring which has seen the emergence of solid, sustainable companies.
*Sector growth does not necessarily entail the growth of companies in the which the fund is invested