Our Global Equity Strategy seeks strong risk-adjusted returns, as the Strategy invests in companies globally where we believe the upside potential is significantly greater than the downside risk.
Our Global Equity Strategy seeks to create a portfolio with high and diversified1 active share, leveraging our best fundamental, bottom-up ideas. We focus on diversification¹ in terms of both absolute exposures and relative contribution to risk.
1Diversification does not guarantee a profit or protect against a loss.
With the goal of generating strong risk-adjusted returns, the Strategy invests in companies globally where we believe the upside potential is significantly greater than the downside risk.
- We believe that:
- Sources of market inefficiencies vary over time. The best way to capitalize on these inefficiencies and pursue attractive risk-adjusted returns is through an integrated approach that combines fundamental, bottom-up research and a top-down view of the global macrooeconomic landscape in a well-diversified portfolio.
- Quality companies outperform. Quality companies are companies that have sustainable competitive advantages and can produce strong, unlevered returns on equity compared to their peers.Investing in attractively valued, high-quality companies can further contribute to strong risk-adjusted returns over time.
- Typical Investment horizon is 3 to 5 years.
PLEASE NOTE: The Internal Guidelines referenced do not necessarily represent prospectus / statutory limitations.These internal guidelines are used as guidance in the daily management of the Portfolio's investments.These guidelines are subject to change and should not be relied upon as a long term view of the Portfolio's exposures, limitations, and / or risks.
Why Amundi US?
Key features of the Global Equity Strategy include:
- We integrate bottom-up fundamental research with top-down views and quantitative screening to generate investment ideas with favorable risk / reward characteristics.
- Our focus is on companies that have high returns on capital, grow earnings, dividends and cash flow, have strong balance sheets and are selling at attractive valuations.
- We are committed to maintaining a high active share while maintaining a well-diversified 1 portfolio with a balanced exposure to bottom-up and top-down factors.
- The portfolio managers both have more than 20 years of investment experience and utilize Amundi US' team of investment professionals globally for research analysis and support.
1 Diversification does not guarantee a profit or protect against a loss.